IT Department: Web Design Internship
In today's modern marketplace, with the internet adapting and evolving each day towards a greater user exchange process, it is essential for our IT Web Design department to stay up-to-date with the current trends of innovation and design. As more internet users gain faster access via high speed broadband, web designers with skills in the arts of multimedia and interactivity are increasing and becoming greater in demand.
Our web designers are responsible for creating and innovating the look and feel of web pages for numerous business practices, to make sure they are functional, user friendly and innovative. If you plan to pursue a career in the field of Web Design, an internship will allow you to acquire necessary skills and essential working knowledge in how to plan and develop websites and improve their functionalities, furthermore providing the foundations for a successful career in Web Design.
With an internship in Web design you will gain the IT knowledge required for efficient administration, structuring and improvements of website design.
With over 190 websites to design and develop at Internship-UK our IT Web Design department has the greatly varied and intricate task of managing the layout of our sites in the UK and for our international partners.
As an intern in Web Design you will be responsible for creating an innovative look and feel to our websites, to maximise the effectiveness, visual appearance and impact of our sites and its content.
As a Web Design intern you will be working in a team and will have the freedom to put forward your own ideas concerning:
- The usage of appropriate colours
- The Website's graphics
- Website layout to facilitate a positive user experience
- The location and style of navigation
Requirements of a Web Design Intern
It is imperative to the success of our organisation that our IT Web Design department is both well organised and trained with regards to the following fields:
- Able to use open source software and programmes
- Ability to work with ASP and PHP
- Able to map and outline a website's structural content
- Prior experience in designing webpages
- Understand how to produce designs that will attract the desired target users and ensure that content is accessible to users
- Ability to test functionalities of websites in different web browsers and resolutions to maximise effectiveness of websites
- Creating, designing and editing images and graphics for websites
- Able to handle website layouts and templates
- Knowledge and familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques
- Able to determine the coding required for the initial creation of the website
- Coordination with programmers for specialised scripts
- Knowledge of editing tool, layers, filters and several blending options for web design
Overall with an internship in our IT Department you will be working alongside an international team acquiring the necessary skills required to get into a productive career in the field of IT Web Design.
Apply now for a rewarding work experience in Web Design at our head office in the town of New Romney, Kent.