With the competition in today's market place, which is growing more fierce by the day, the requirements and expectations of both applicants and companies have subsequently enhanced, making the field of Recruitment the cornerstone of effective selections processes and job analysis. Our recruiters are responsible for managing the process of screening of applicants and to effectively organise the overall recruit process.
If you plan to pursue a career in the field of recruitment or as an headhunter, an internship will allow you to acquire the necessary skills and experience to effectively assess and process potential applicants. In addition, how to structure and conduct interviews providing our interns with the foundations for a successful career in Recruitment.
As a recruitment intern the main tasks involve attracting candidates and matching them to suitable opportunities:
- To act as the initial point of contact with applicants
- Perform the initial screening of applicants for suitable placement
- Create up-to-date job descriptions of all the relevant departments
- Conduct telephone and face to face interviews and evaluate selection processes
- Assess the competences of applicants in relations to job analysis of the company and make recommendations
- Design and revise application forms
- Provide follow up to applicants and develop good relations with former, current and future applicants
- Contact universities and other institutions to develop relations with partners
- Advertise and Market the internship programme
- Conduct background checks
- Keep up-to-date with current recruitment legislations
- Develop creative recruitment solutions, if the organisation is experiencing difficulties in attracting the appropriate level of candidates
Overall it is the task of our recruitment interns to assess future applicants with regards to their competences and job relevant criteria in relation to the organisational setting whereby interns will be working. To act as the point of contact between the company and applicants and to assess and evaluate the merit of an applicant. To receive and review applications, to manage interviews and short-listing candidates. To learn the skills of a headhunter and recruiter and be able to effectively match and screen applicants to their respective fields to find the most suitable candidate for the desired role.