Property Management Internship
The goal of our property management department at Internship-UK is to liaison between landlords and customers concerning our flat shares and studio properties in London. Duties of our property management interns include accepting rent, responding to and addressing maintenance issues, advertising vacancies for landlords and customer care.
In the fast paced modern life of London, everyone is looking to acquire a piece of London real estate. Whether it is for long term use or just for short term, investors and travellers alike are searching for a range of accommodation, real estate and flat shares in London. Our property management department deals with creating customer networks and maintaining a range of accommodations.
Benefits of an internship in Property Management
- Work in the heart of London
- Improve your spoken and written English skills
- Familiarise with English regulations concerning flat shares and properties
- Very versatile work
- Daily contact with customers from all over the UK
- Learn to build up a successful relationship with customers
- Manage flat shares and studios in London
- Gain profound knowledge of the property laws and legislations in the UK.
Property Management Internship Responsibilities and Tasks
The role of property managers is to manage construction, development, repair and maintenance on company flat shares and studios. To keep up-to-date with the legislation of the United Kingdom and demonstrate an awareness of approaching changes. To be able to read and understand leases from many perspectives and foresee likely issues arising from individual leases.
Please note: The minimum duration for this internship is 6 months.
Also note that given the nature of this internship programme, placements are very limited.
To be effective in property management, interns need to have some of the following skills:
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to handle decision making and problem solving situations
- Manage and record meetings
- Manage customers and landlords.
It is imperative to the success of our organisation that our property management department has good communication and interpersonal skills, to be well organised and trained with regards to the following fields:
- Maintain vacancies and occupancies planning
- Advertise and promote vacancies
- Handle bookings via Internet and phone
- Customer Check-In and Check-Out
- Customer Care / Client retention
- Respond and address maintenance issues
- Daily, weekly, and monthly rental transactions
- Lease Management
- Day-to-day Management of Property portfolio
- Credit control and accounting issues
- Health and Safety
Apply now for an internship in Property Management at our UK office in London.