Business Development Management Internship
As an intern in the field of Business Development Management gain practical work experience dealing with a range of customer relationship service interactions. Learn how to attract new clients and partners and improve customer relationships in both Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C) fields. Exploit new business opportunities and ensure that the organisation is successfully reliant in using up to date management tools and best practices.
Enhance your skills in developing and implementing various business strategies. Central tasks for a Business Development Manager include managing and supervising the day-to-day activities of the company and developing new innovative techniques to advance the organisation.
Typically, the tasks of a business developer include a number of techniques designed to grow and advance an organisation. Various techniques include assessments of marketing opportunities and gathering and researching customers to generate follow-up sales activities. In essence, the role of a business development manager involves evaluating a business and enhancing its potential using a range of marketing, sales, information and customer service tools.
Given that this internship programme carries a lot of responsibilities, the expectations and requirements are extremely high.
Ideally candidates for this internship placement should have prior experience in the field of sales with a proven track record of selling and negotiation.
Benefits of a Business Development Manager Internship
- Learn how to manage and coordinate multiple departments
- Apply your knowledge on strategic initiatives
- Improve your spoken and written business communication abilities especially within B2B and B2C relations
- Learn how to apply your time management and delegation skills
- Develop and implement new business opportunities that effect the strategic nature of the organisation
- Enhance your negotiation skills
- Work with a multicultural team
Apply now for an internship in the field of Business Development Management.
Tasks and Responsibilities of a Business Development Manager
- Investigate economic conditions surrounding relevant business activities, for instance industry trends and competition
- Identify key areas of the business and pursue new economic and innovative opportunities that arise
- Conduct extensive market research into the life cycle of business ideas and projects
- Prepare detailed business plans to align goals and objectives of the organisation – situational analysis's
- Manage financial and budgetary resources
- Liaise with other professionals to develop greater information about the company and its services
- Develop networks with other companies and partners to establish collaborative groups
- Attend various trade shows and workshops to stay up-to-date with current changes in the industry
- Monitor projects and assist clients to resolve development process issues
- Forecast business needs to plan associated resource demands
- Establish target markets and priorities
Requirements of a Business Development Manager
Due to the fact that this internship comes with so much responsibility, the standard for acceptance for this position are very high. Candidates that wish to apply for an internship in business development management must have the criteria listed below.
- Minimum of 3 years university level studies
- Looking to apply for long term: minimum duration 6 months
- A high level of the English language (both spoken and written)
- Excellent communication skills in all forms
- Good time management skills
- Background experience in sales
- High level of knowledge in B2B marketing
- Being able to work unsupervised
- Strong organisation and negotiation abilities
- Ability to meet the needs of the clients
- Familiar with e-marketing tools, SEO techniques and online marketing.
- Able to read, analyse and interpret information, documents and policies
- Manage conflicts, negotiate and resolve situations
- To be confident in a wide variety of sales techniques
- Facing competing demands and prioritize tasks
Ideally, candidates should possess a successful driven background working within strategic business development roles. Interns should have past experience in selling solutions and able to adapt to situational requirements. In addition, be able to develop and network contacts relevant to the business requirements.
Overall as an intern in business development you will be working directly with the current business development manager and CEO to ensure the improve of our customer relationships and services. Our company is situated in a highly competitive market which will give you the opportunity to enhance your skills in the implementation of various business strategies.
In the field of business development you will acquire relevant work experience in:
- Developing and implementing various strategic initiatives
- Managing staff
- Effective business communication
- Providing training
You will manage and support our marketing and sales department to ensure they reach their objectives and potential. Using acquired knowledge and experience in B2B marketing, you will be involved in examining areas of potential growth and possible new sources of income, as well as developing new business relations. Again applicants for Business Development should have prior experience in managing teams and facing deadlines. Furthermore, interns should have the ability to assess market opportunities and to find new ways to attract new customers and penetrate existing markets.